Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where to start...

I've had to put up with a lot of crap lately. In the course of less than a year and a half, my family found my long-lost half-brother, only to have him leave our lives shortly after. Everything started out just fine, we all thought that this was an amazing miracle bestowed on us. My half-brother, who is on disability, was unable to work, and with four kids neither was his wife who is their caregiver. So, out of the goodness of our hearts we invited them to move from California, to our home in NC in order to provide them with a good home and a chance for my sister in law to go to school. Soon after, it became clear that this was not even their intent. It's hard to adequately describe everything that went down. It is quite obvious to me and the rest of my family that these people were not healthy mentally/emotionally. They would pick apart every little word we would say and try to analyze it. Analyzing it to the point where it wasn't even what we said anymore. And they would act off assumptions like that. I know that my half-brother didn't exactly have the best upbringing, his birth mother was less than desirable. But that is no excuse for his behavior. On many many occassions they would sit there and lie directly to our faces, about anything and everything. My mother probably did the most for them. She is of no biological relation to any of them, but she did it because she knew it would mean a lot to both her daughters and my dad. And although they knew all of this, they still chose to treat her the worst of all of us. I don't think I can ever forget walking into my house and hearing my half-brother literally screaming at her...over NOTHING. My dad almost kicked them out that day, and in hindsight, I wish he would have. We put so much time, money, and effort into getting them here, and this is how they repay us? Heck no. And yesterday I get a facebook message from the jerks saying "we really dont care that you removed us from your siblings, but that rude and immature attitude is why we left."

Excuse me? First of all, if you didn't care, why even bother typing out a message?
Second, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
Third, after all the crappy situations he put me and my family through, I am NOT going to feel bad for not thinking of him as family anymore.
And lastly, he left because of things they did. Nothing we did. He can't even see that he is to blame for everything that has happened to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment